The Google assistant is a really helpful feature that has been added to latest versions of the Android but some Android users has not been cool with this feature, and this has prompted the query
“turn off google assistant”
Well, it would be interesting to know that this post will help you do just so.
Why would you want turn off google assistant?
I feel the major reason for this is the fact that it activates it self against your wish, most times even when you are making phone call.
I remember I was doing some research a week back and I was upset because the Google assistant just pop up on my screen
I was able to disable google assistant using the tips below
How I was able to turn off google assistant:
Completely Deactivate The Google Assistant:
If you choose to disable your Google Assistant then these steps will help
· Open The Google App
· Click on Menu ( 3 horizontal lines at the bottom right of the your screen)
· Click on Settings on the menu page and the next.
· Scroll around and locate “Assistant” section
· Scroll down and click on Phone
· Toggle of the Google Assistant.
This is just one way to turn off google assistant on your Android.
2. Turn off Google Assistant from being your assist app
This is another way to turn off google assistant.
· Go to your settings
Open Applications tab
· Navigate to and click on Default apps
· Click on Assist and Voice inputs
· Click on None
And you have successfully turn off google assistant from coming up when you touch your start/home button.
3. Try to Take Your Google App back to old version:
I don’t recommend this as I don’t the others and that’s why it’s at the bottom of the list
Your Google app could have been Free of the Google Assistant Feature, before you updated it, only if your phone didn’t come with the Google Assistant feature by Default.
So take this steps to disable and remove it.
· Click on Apps
· Locate Google and Click on it.
· Click on the 3 columns at the Top right hand of the screen
· A pop up appears ( uninstall Updates)
· Click on uninstall Updates.
It’s easy to turn off google assistant and I’m sure you can do it, but if you face any issues by the way, drop a comment and I’ll be ready to listen.
Or do you have any reasons why you want turn off google assistant? Tell me and I’ll do well to speak about it.