In this post we will look at how to uninstall Roblox on both Windows and Mac os.
It would be appropriate if we looked at what exactly Roblox is, and why you may want to uninstall Roblox
What is Roblox.
Well Roblox is a game social network, where users can design games for themselves and also play games designed by other users of the app.
It host games constructed like that of lego- like Virtual blocks.
It’s available for Windows, MacOs, Android, iOs, FireOs, Xbox one, and Macintosh operating system.
If you use any of these platforms be rest assured that we will know how to uninstall Roblox for MacOs and Android listed above.
Read More: Chocoeukor: All You Need to Know
How to uninstall Roblox (For 2 Os)
It’s easy to uninstall roblox on 2 of the Os I’ve listed above, and I will explain them bit by bit.
Let’s look at how to uninstall Roblox on Windows
(a) Windows XP
- Go to Start/Menu > Control panel
- Navigate and click on Add/remove programs
- Scroll down the list until you locate Roblox
- Click on it to uninstall the program.
(b) Windows 7/Vista
- Go to start/Menu> Control panel
- Navigate and click on programs and features
- Scroll down the list until you see Roblox
- Uninstall the progress by clicking on it.
(c) Windows 8/8.1
- Spring up the tiled start button by clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen,or pressing the Windows key on your screen.
- Use your keyboard and type Programs and Features
- A window pops up, search for Roblox on the list
- Uninstall Roblox but clicking on it.
(d) Windows 10
- Search “Programs and Features” on Cortana’s search box
- Click on the result with the same phrase you typed in.
- In the window that pops up, search for Roblox
- Uninstall robolox by clicking on it.
Now that we know how to delete Roblox on Windows, let’s take some steps to ensure that roblox is entirely out of the system.
How to delete Roblox Folder
It’s usually advisable that you delete the files that roblox has created while it was still installed.
This is to prevent unwanted and out dated files eating computer’s disk space.
- Right click on the start button and click on explorer or file explorer
- Find your way to this folder: C:Users(Your Windows Username)AppDataLocal
- Delete the Roblox Folder found there.
Warning: Sort out files that you may have saved in this folder by default.
What to do if you have difficulty uninstalling Roblox on Windows
One important step here to to delete the temporary files in your browser, and this is helpful for any condiction or corruption issues
2. Co-ordinate your firewall
This is important as many antivirus often have control over the apps that can access the internet.
So check and make sure that there is nothing blocking Roblox from accessing the internet.
3. Install Roblox again
I know this is contradicting, but it helps, this is because it may be a corrupted file and some files may have been broken due to unsuccessful uninstallation.
So installing a new one will overwrite the broken files
After that step you can now uninstall Roblox from the start menu……..
How to uninstall Roblox on MacOs
1. Completely go out of the app
- To do this, use this key command
- Command+Option+Esc keys and this opens a task manager
- Make sure you don’t see Roblox in it (This is to ensure that the app isn’t running in the background)
- If Roblox is listed, select and apply action “Force Quit”
2. Go to Finder
- Head to the app category.
- Drag the Roblox icon down to the trash, (This action uninstalls all files that roblox has)
How to permanently delete Roblox from trash
(a) Click on the trash icon and click on empty Trash
(b) Or you can use the command: Command+shift+delete and the trash will emptied
(c) Confirm your action, in the confirmation box that pops up, simply by clicking on yes.
If you want to diverse the pop up use this command: Command + Option/Alt + Shift + Delete
Now that we know how to uninstall Roblox, we can now proceed to getting Roblox out of our computers.
Share this with some one who needs it.